Happy New year!
2018 New Year new start new me.
Its 2018 everyone and I for one are super excited about what this new year may bring.
You may have noticed that I haven’t been very active this past month or two. In fact, I can’t even remember the last time I wrote a post. If we are completely honest I haven’t been the most interactive all year. Well 2018 I am back on the blogging train and I have a new friend to join me – My sister has dabbled in blogging for a year and has just moved to self-hosted yay her!! So I have a blogging buddy over at LaureenRose. She is going to give me the incentive to get back into blogging on a regular basis. I really have no excuse for not blogging other than I have been really lazy. I lost my job at the beginning of November and have been searching for a new one so I can’t even use the excuse that I have been working.
Last year I did a few bucket lists and it once was my favourite post to write. This year I will continue to write a bucket list and start to enjoy it like I once did. I also did a yearly bucket list last year which I may also add to the end of this post too.
Before that, it was Christmas not long ago and I have to say that I enjoyed this Christmas so much more than I have in previous years, I am pretty sure it was because I didn’t work all Christmas.
How did we get on with 2017 yearly bucket list?
Probably not good!
- a night away with the hubby – Well I can dream and wish that we had time but we just didn’t. Maybe one day.
- girlie night at the cinema – This one I did do. We watched Beauty and the Beast and Baywatch at the cinema. We also had a Christmas meal out too.
- date night – I don’t think we had a real spontaneous date night, however, we did have a night out for birthdays and special occassions
- finish first draft of book – oh dear i suck. No i didn’t get my draft done it is my mission in 2018 to get it done!
- refurbish the bathroom – This one got done, yay!
- go ice skating – Nope
- see a comedian – Nope
- BG2 Christening – Oh dear I am so bad, is two too old now?
- have a cocktail night – No but we did have drinks at ours with friends and played silly games.
- save enough money to move house – So close yet so far. A little more and we can move.
- go on a family weekend away – We had planned on getting away but never got round to it.
- take a trip to Boscastle – We wanted to spend our family weekend at Boscastle but never got to it.
- Finish the garden – Tick
- Lose 2st – What was I thinking?
- Organise the downstairs cupboard – Nope
- Watch a theatre show – Does Panto count?
- visit the zoo – unfortunately not
- see fireworks – We did from our bedroom window. That counts right?
- try upcycling – Nope
- sew something – Nope
- read a new book every month – I really wish I had done this one. This is on my 2018 list too.
January 2018 bucket list
- Paint and watercolour everyday post on Instagram so I am held accountable.
- Find a new job
- Write a chapter in my book
- Help my dad build BG1 a radiator cover bookcase.
- Meal plan and eat more home cooked from scratch meals
2018 yearly bucket list
- Read a book a month
- Save money
- Finish my first draft
- Enrol on a course
- Lose weight
- Be more organised