We moved into our new house nearly a year ago. The hubby spent all last summer holidays getting the house ready for us to move into. However, once we had moved into the house we had a premature baby and spent months in a hectic spiral of hospital visits and Doctors appointments, this left the house unfinished and un-thought about.
The hubby has probably forgotten about many of the things that need doing round the house. Therefore, I have decided to write him a list, a list of jobs that need doing around the house. I’m not expecting it to all be one at once, nor am I expecting him to do it alone. I will help where I can or get someone in that knows what they are doing. I will add to the list as and when something else arises.
In all fairness, he has been working really hard on the garden. it’s going to look lovely when it’s finished. I’m hoping it will be finished in time for the summer holidays.
To Do List!
Patio the garden – This should be done at the weekend weather permitting. Cleaning the rubbish from the back garden
- Grassing the back garden.
- Paint the back wall grey! – This has been left since September; he left a large patch unpainted because we had electrician’s in. They have finished and it’s still un-painted.
- Finish the bathroom floor. There is a small patch by the toilet that has no vinyl just bare chipboard. Again, this has been left for some time now.
- Kitchen floor needs laying – planned for after the garden has finished.
- Wall lights need putting up – Must call the electrician when garden is finished.
- Bath needs putting in – we only currently have a shower.
- Downstairs toilet needs replacing and floor laying and decorating.
- Kitchen needs decorating.
- Our bedroom blind needs putting up.
- BG1’s Curtain need putting up.
- Net curtains need putting up.
I think that is it for now, no doubt I will think of more to add to the list. I won’t leave it all to him but at least now we can see what still needs doing.
He may not speak to me after seeing this!
Do you make lists for your husband/wife? Are they always leaving jobs half finished?