Eeeeekkk!!! It’s almost here guys! Just over a week before the big day I wait all year for. It’s Christmas everybody and it is my favourite time of year. The 25th of December people either love it or hate it. My husband hates the holiday, he turns into a grumpy old man and can’t wait for it to be over. Me on the other hand has more than enough festive spirit for the both of us. I start buying Christmas prestents in May and buy the time December arrives all I have to do is wrap them. So here are my reasons I love Christmas.
- Magic. Christmas gives you a sense of magic. I feel like a child again. Santa is arriving and comes down your chimney, elves come to life, reindeer flying. Christmas is full of magic.
- Christmas food. The most of December is full of feasting with the likes of work parties, Christmas markets, Christmas festivals, Girlie Christmas parties, Christmas day dinner. Oh! Christmas day dinner, the meal of all meals. The turkey that could feed three families even though its just four of you, so you end up eating turkey for the next three days afterwards. All the trimmings, Christmas cake, Christmas pudding. I am sure I will be putting a stone on this Christmas and start endless amount of diets next year.
- Family & Friends. Christmas is the time of year when you get the chance to spend more time with your family and friends. People you don’t usually see throughout the year, enjoying free time that you don’t usually have in the year.
- Christmas lights. I love walking through the streets when its dark out and everybody has their lights on their houses. Sparkling and twinkling lights brightens the streets.
- Children’s faces. The kids! Christmas is all about the kids. Their faces speak a thousand words on Christmas morning when they see that Santa has arrived Christmas morning, the glass of milk is empty and there are crumbs on the plate where a mince pie once sat. The sparkle and excitement in their eyes is what Christmas is all about for me. My kids.
- Christmas songs. Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas without the songs in the background. The likes of Shaking Stevens, Wizzard, Jim Reeves and Mariah Carey Are on constant play in our house throughout the week before Christmas.
- Christmas movies. Christmas movie nights are the best. Curled up on the sofa in your jammies with a tin of chocolates that we always buy every year even though they are over priced. Christmas movies such as Santa Clause, The Grinch and Muppets Christmas carol.
- Christmas Decorations. This year I haven’t put as many decorations up, usually our house looks like Santa’s grotto, however the tree is always decorated and cluttered just the way we like it. Christmas wouldn’t be the same without decorations.
What do you love about Christmas? How will you be celebrating Christmas this year?